Uninsured drivers

Please note that if you have been injured following a road traffic accident with an uninsured driver or you are unsure whether the other driver is insured, it is important that you report the matter to the police. It would also be advisable to obtain details of any witnesses and take pictures of the accident scene and even of the other vehicle/driver.

The law requires all motorists to have in place a valid policy of insurance in order to legally drive or park a vehicle on public roads. Unfortunately there are many UK motorists that drive their vehicle on the public roads without valid insurance. 

In order to provide protection to the public against accidents with uninsured motorists the Motor Insurers Bureau was set up. 

If you are involved in a road traffic accident with someone but that person fails to provide you with insurance details, there is a possibility that he/she does not hold a valid policy of insurance. If this is the case then please contact our injury team. Our solicitors will firstly attempt to identify if a valid policy of insurance exists, we will then submit details of your losses to that insurer on your behalf. However if it transpires that there is no valid policy of insurance then we will submit the matter to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) on your behalf in order to recover compensation for your injury and any other losses you have incurred. We will recovery the maximum award that you deserve and will do so on a No Win No Fee basis.

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident with an uninsured driver, please contact us today by completing our online claim form or call us on 01617110890,  0203 235 0161 ( interpreters ) or 079022814236 to speak to one of our experts today.